Terms and Conditions of Use
This website (the "Site") is provided by The Board of Management of North East Scotland College, a body corporate constituted by and acting under the Further and Higher Education (Scotland) Act 1992 and having its administrative centre at Aberdeen City Campus, Gallowgate, Aberdeen AB25 1BN ("we" or "us").
Any breach of the Terms, or any other document referred to in these Terms may, at our sole discretion, result in your rights to access the Site being suspended or removed.
The Site and its contents are for general information only and are provided "as is" and on an "as available" basis. Nothing on the Site is, or shall be deemed to constitute advice or any form of recommendation. Accordingly, to the maximum extent permitted by law, we exclude all representations, warranties, conditions and other terms. Specifically, we make no warranties, representations or undertakings about:
- any of the content of the Site (including, without limitation, any as to the quality, accuracy, currency, completeness or fitness for any particular purpose of such content); or
- any content of any other third party website referred to or accessed by hypertext link through the Site.
The information and courses on the Site may be subject to change. We will not be liable in any way if we are unable to deliver the course in accordance with the description on this Site due to reasons beyond its control.
We make no guarantees that the Site is free from so called computer viruses. It is strongly recommended that you check for such viruses before downloading the Site or any of its contents.
Some content on this Site originates from third parties who provide services to us. We exclude to the maximum extent permitted by law and liability for the content originating from those third parties.
Links and Linking to This Site
The Site contains links to websites operated by third parties ("Third Party Websites"). We do not control Third Party Websites. The inclusion of such links does not imply any endorsement or approval of any products, information, materials or services offered or provided on Third Party Websites, or any association with their operators.
If you wish to link to the Site, please refer to our Links Policy.
We accept no liability for any claims, penalties, loss, damage or expenses howsoever arising from:
- any reliance placed on the content of the Site;
- the use or inability to use the Site;
- the downloading of any materials from the Site; or
- any unauthorised access to or alteration to the Site.
This clause shall not exclude liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence.
The content of the Site (including, but not limited to all text and artwork) is protected by copyright. The copyright is owned by us unless otherwise stated. Third party content has been included with the consent of known copyright holders. Should you feel we are using copyrighted material inappropriately, copyright holders should contact Us immediately. We will take the necessary action to resolve the matter.
The Site contains registered and unregistered trade marks of which we are the owner. UK registered trade marks include the North East Scotland logo in its various graphical forms as registered under the following UK trade mark numbers: UK00003068486; UK00003068470; and UK00003068473.
You may view or download any part of the Site for private purposes, but you are not permitted, without our permission, to:
- store the Site, or any part of the Site, for any other purpose;
- print copies of the Site, or any part of the Site, for any other purpose;
- reproduce, copy or transmit the Site, or any part of the Site, in any way, for any other purpose or in any other medium.
All other rights which are not specifically granted are reserved.
The Site may give you the option to send us content to be posted on the Site by us ("User Content"). By sending us User Content, you will be deemed to:-
- consent to us editing that User Content at our discretion;
- grant to us an irrevocable, worldwide, royalty free licence to use and publish that User Content for any purpose;
- irrevocably waive in our favour any moral rights you may have in such User Content in terms of Chapter IV Part I of the Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988, and any similar rights available in any part of the world; and
- warrant to us that you are the owner of the copyright and other intellectual property rights in the User Content, that the User Content is your original work and that the User Content does not infringe the rights (including intellectual property rights) of any third party.
We do not guarantee that any User Content you submit will be posted on the Site.
Please note that comments made by other users of the Site which may be posted on the Site are provided for your information only and do not necessarily represent our views and opinions.
You undertake that you will:-
- not use the Site for any purpose which is unlawful, or which may harass or cause distress or inconvenience to any person; and
- not use the Site to transmit or distribute any information which contravenes any applicable law or any person's legal rights.
The Site allows you to register your personal details during online enrolment or booking. We use the information we collect from you only as a means to serve you better. We will not sell or provide your information to another party without your prior consent.
While we endeavour to ensure that the Site is normally available 24 hours a day, we shall not be liable if for any reason the Site is unavailable at any time or for any period.
Access to the Site may be suspended temporarily and without notice in the case of system failure, maintenance or repair or for reasons beyond our control.
Your use of this Site and your dealings with us are also subject to the following additional terms (accessible from the links below):
- Accessibility Statement;
- When enrolling as a student with us, our Terms and Conditions of Study; and
- When providing us with services, our Procurement terms unless varied specifically between us in writing.
We reserve the right to amend or replace the Terms at any time. If we make any substantial changes we will notify you by posting a prominent notice on our Site.
The Terms shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Scotland and any disputes that may arise will be subject to the jurisdiction of the Scottish courts.