This is the information for the fee waiver for Trainee Merchant Navy Deckhand applicants only.
Your course may be free if any of the following apply to you:
If you are in receipt of the following benefits:
- Incapacity benefit
- Disability living allowance
- Carers’ allowance
- Severe disablement allowance
- Attendance allowance
- Contributory employment and support allowance
- Personal independence payment
If you or your family is in receipt of any of the following benefits:
- Pension credit
- Working tax credit
- Housing benefit
- Income support
- Income based job seekers’ allowance
- Income related employment and support allowance
- The universal credit from October 2013 onwards will apply here
It is the responsibility of the student to provide evidence of their fee waiver. Evidence must be dates within the last four weeks of the date you book onto the course and clearly show your name, address and the benefit you are in receipt of. This should be submitted to the Scottish Maritime Academy as soon as possible.
Additionally, you may be entitled to remission of fees if the taxable income of the student’s family* , in the previous tax year, is equivalent to or lower than the threshold below:
- Households with only one person - £8,282
- Households consisting of a couple without children - £12,395
- Households with dependent income - £18,977
*The burden of proof is on the student to satisfy the Academy with evidence of their family’s income.
No course dates currently available. Please email email@example.com for further information.
Attendee Personal Details
Are you a UK National and have lived in Scotland all your life?
Please list below all the qualifications you currently have, the subject, the grade and the year gained (if applicable)
Please list your seatime (if applicable)
I apply for admission to Scottish Maritime Academy at North East Scotland College. I understand that completion of this form does not automatically guarantee me a place on the course and that the College reserves the right to amend course details as published, or cancel a course, and that if any data I have supplied proves to be incorrect the College will reserve the right to withdraw my place from the course.
By providing personal information I consent to the College holding and processing the information to complete reports required by legislation, however the College will comply with their obligations under the Data Protection Act.
Terms & Conditions
- All courses must be paid in full or will be invoiced in full at the time of booking, Course fees are non refundable unless the College cancels the course or in line with the Course Fees policy. On completing this booking form, the company agrees to be credit checked. If the company fails the credit check, all fees must be paid prior to the booking being processed.
- Confirmation that a College place has been allocated constitutes a legally binding contract between your organisation and the College. Copies of the Terms and Conditions are available on the College website www.nescol.ac.uk – or can be obtained on request from the College’s Admissions and Funding Manager, Aberdeen City Campus, Gallowgate, Aberdeen, Scotland UK AB25 1BN.
- If, for any reason, a student has to withdraw from a course, the College must be notified in writing.
- If your account remains unpaid after 45+ day the Financial Controller (External Affairs) will notify the Student/Company/Sponsor in writing of the College’s decision to take legal action to recover the outstanding debt, including costs incurred e.g. commission, charges and the College’s sanction of the withholding of the conferment of awards and re-enrolment will be applied.
- Our Company/Partnership/Agency/ Institution agrees to meet all fees and expenses associated with the attendance of the student(s) listed. All monies due to the College will be due and paid in full in pounds sterling, no amounts may be deducted or withheld from any monies due to the College to cover any administration or similar charge.
- Please note – Courses are offered subject to: (a) there being sufficient numbers of enrolments: and, (b) the availability of resources. The College reserves its right not to run courses where the number of students is considered insufficient or where resources are unavailable.
Data Protection Act
The College is registered as a Data Controller under the Data Protection Act 1998. By signing this form you consent, for all relevant purposes connected with your application, studies or any legitimate reason, to the College (i) using the information provided by you and third parties and to its necessary disclosure to relevant third parties (including but not limited to SFC and SQA); and (ii) accessing your personal data held by relevant third parties (including but not limited to SQA). You may apply of your information (you may be charged a small fee) or to have corrections or amendments made at any time.
The College or selected third parties may wish to contact you for marketing purposes. If you do not wish to be contacted for marketing purposes please tick the below box.
If you tick this box we will be unable to provide you with information about special offers or courses that may be of interest to you.
If you do take up a place on a College course, at the start of the course you will be asked to complete an enrolment. In completing the on-line process or signing an enrolment form and/or taking up a place on a College course, you will enter into a contract with the College and be bound by the North East Scotland College Standard Terms and Conditions of study. Copies of the Terms and Conditions are available on the College website www.nescol.ac.uk – or can be obtained on request from the College’s Admissions and Funding Manager, Aberdeen City Campus, Gallowgate, Aberdeen, Scotland UK AB25 1BN.
Please note – Courses are offered subject to: (a) there being sufficient numbers of enrolments: and, (b) the availability of resources. The College reserves its right not to run courses where the number of students is considered insufficient or where resources are unavailable.